If your candle is down to ¼ inch, it might be time for a new one. Don’t toss the jar, there are plenty of ways to repurpose your candle jar for succulents, flower vases, herb gardens and more! You’ll probably want to clean out the wax and remove the label before repurposing your candle jar though and we’re here to help.
How to remove wax from the candle jar
- Place the jar in the freezer until the wax is frozen, around 2 hours.
- Once the wax is frozen, carefully use a butter knife to pop the wax out. If the wax is being stubborn, poke at it with the knife until it all comes out.
- Rinse any residue with warm soapy water.
How to remove the label from the candle jar
- Pour warm water into a large bowl
- Place the candle label-side down in the warm water for 5 minutes.
- Using your nails, sponge or towel, rub the label off. Don’t forget about the warning label under the jar!
Now you’re ready to repurpose your candle jar. Need some inspiration? Check out our blog post on Ways to Repurpose Your Candle Jar with succulents, flowers and more!